- We specialise in civil fraud and have a proven track record of acting for clients involved in the highest profile cases before the English Court in recent years.
- We act for both claimants and defendants, which provides our clients with valuable insight into the tactics and litigation strategies that are often deployed in fraud cases.
- We have extensive experience of worldwide freezing injunctions (both obtaining and applying to set aside), tracing relief, search orders and other forms of interim remedies.
- Our work is often cross border and routinely involves co-ordinating an approach involving multiple offshore jurisdictions. We regularly act on cases which involve parallel proceedings across different jurisdictions.
- A large proportion of our cases involve civil fraud reflecting our specialism in this area.
Currently acting for a Swiss based financial services company in a $1.5bn international dispute concerning allegations of a complex fraud and misappropriation of assets relating to the estate of a Russian oligarch.
Acting for a number of defendants in a long-running fraud and conspiracy claim brought in the Commercial Court claim by a Thai property company, involving complex jurisdiction and foreign law issues. Apollo Ventures Co Ltd v Manchanda  EWHC 3210 (Comm); Apollo Ventures Co Ltd v Manchanda & Ors  EWHC 2206 (Comm)
Acting for a former shareholder and director of one of Russia’s largest retail banks in proceedings before the Commercial Court in which the bank claims damages of over US$1 billion as a result of the allegedly dishonest management of the bank and alleged misappropriation of assets. National Bank Trust v Yurov & Ors  EWHC 200 (Comm)
Acting on quasi-enforcement aspects of a US$300 million commercial fraud claim by a group of Kazakh companies against their former directors involving the operation of a worldwide freezing injunction and related committal applications. Kazakhstan Kagazy plc v Zhunus  EWHC 2630 (Comm)
Acting for one of the claimants in a £300m Commercial Court action concerning allegations that corporate interests in a Bulgarian telecommunications group were dishonestly misappropriated. LIC v VTB Capital & Ors  EWHC 1747 (Comm)
Acting for defendants in related multi-million pound claims for a fraudulent misrepresentation arising from a substantial property development project in London. Albesher v Ryan & Ors  EWHC 541 (Comm)
Commercial Litigation Services
Gresham Legal acts for both claimants and defendants in all types of commercial litigation before the Higher Courts in England & Wales. We have substantial expertise across our service areas and a proven track record of success in complex and high value cases.Read More